Review: Thomas River Campground

My Place Rating: My Rating 1/5

I can't believe it has been 2 years already since I asked Stephen Owen, Senior Ranger, about Thomas River - but we will soon be there! At the time he said...
We have two campgrounds at Thomas River – one being the Department of Environment and Conservation (now DPaW) campground which is located on a rise with spectacular views over Yokenup Bay.
The other is the Shire Campground located down beside the river which provides more shelter against the weather. The Shire Campground is also managed by (DPaW) on behalf of the Shire.
Yes, you can have a dog at Thomas River but only within the Shire Campground and the dog must be on a lead at all times. (Sadly, no longer an issue for us. RIP old girl)
Please note :– The dog can only be transported through Cape Arid National Park via the Thomas River road directly to the **Shire Campground**. (dogs aren't allowed at the DPaW campground!)

Also please note :- There are 1080 baits laid through out Cape Arid National Park as part of the Western Shield program for the control of foxes.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links